Definition of Schmidt
1. Noun. German statesman who served as chancellor of Germany (born in 1918).
Generic synonyms: National Leader, Solon, Statesman
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Schmidt Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Schmidt
Literary usage of Schmidt
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Chemical Abstracts by American Chemical Society (1915)
"Schmidt, AA Molds for cement or concrete castings, P. 1237. ... Schmidt, O. Clarifying tank for back waters from paper mills, P. 1391. ..."
2. Technology Review by Massachusetts Institute of Technology Association of Class Secretaries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Alumni Association (1907)
"AGA Schmidt (II.), who was with the Long Arm System Company, Cleveland, Ohio, has changed his address to the "Windy City," 1153 Addison Street, Chicago, ..."
3. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1917)
"Cur Opinion 63:28 .11 '17 Drama according (o Claude K. Schmidt. Everybody's 36:57-66 Ja '17 Dramatic art in America. W: L. Phelps. ..."
4. Consular Cases and Opinions, from the Decisions of the English and American by Ellery Cory Stowell (1909)
"of Janssen, Schmidt & Ruperti is liable to the plaintiff for the claim ... I think, however, that the persons who composed the former firm of JW Schmidt ..."