Definition of Shah of Iran
1. Noun. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
Generic synonyms: Crowned Head, Monarch, Sovereign
Specialized synonyms: Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, Mohammed Reza Pahlevi, Pahlavi, Pahlevi, Shah Pahlavi
Shah Of Iran Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shah Of Iran Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shah Of Iran
Literary usage of Shah of Iran
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Godey's Magazine by Louis Antoine Godey, Sarah Josepha Buell Hale (1897)
"But that strong grasp had changed the course of the charger, and the nest moment the Shah of Iran was spurring fiercely to Teheran. ..."
2. Tales and Popular Fictions: Their Resemblance, and Transmission from Country by Thomas Keightley (1834)
"... "That is the Shah of Iran." " And yonder black tent to the left, where are assembled numerous ..."
3. Globalization and the World of Large Cities by Fu-chen Lo, Yue-man Yeung (1998)
"... In the 1950s the "CIA undercut the plebiscite putting Mosaddeq in power. picking the shah of Iran to replace him" ..."
4. The Coins of the Sháhs of Persia, Safavis, Afgháns, Efsháris, Zands, and Kájárs by British Museum Dept. of Coins and Medals, Reginald Stuart Poole (1887)
"... him as Shah of Iran, not of Khurasan. He was to be Shah of Irán de jure, though de facto he was afterwards never more than Shah of Khurasan. ..."
5. United Arab Emirates: A New Perspective by Ibrahim Abed, Peter Hellyer (2001)
"... on which Iran bases its claim to the three islands is the presence of a British military map presented by the Foreign Office to the Shah of Iran in. ..."