Definition of Shel Silverstein
1. Noun. United States poet and cartoonist remembered for his stories and poems for children (1932-1999).
Shel Silverstein Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shel Silverstein Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shel Silverstein
Literary usage of Shel Silverstein
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Balancing Reading & Language Learning: A Resource for Teaching English by Mary Cappellini (2005)
"1.2 Classic, Humorous A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein. ... Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. HarperCollins, 1973. 2. ..."
2. Making the Match: The Right Book for the Right Reader at the Right Time by Teri S. Lesesne (2003)
"Suddenly gone are Shel Silverstein and Jack Prelutsky and Arnold Lobel and J. ... Instead, I suggest building a bridge between Shel Silverstein and Robert ..."
3. Teaching Children to Be Literate: A Reflective Approach by Anthony V. Manzo, Ula Casale Manzo (1995)
"(Scholastic, 1988) Where the Sidewalk Ends, Shel Silverstein ... Shel Silverstein (HarperCollins. 1974) You Read to Me, I'll Read to You, John Ciardi. ..."
4. What Happened Today? by Jill Norris, Sharon Rosenberger (2001)
"What comparison is Shel Silverstein making with this cartoon? ... Shel Silverstein wrote "The Unicorn Song" and "A Boy Named Sue." Read the lyrics to these ..."
5. Learning Along the Way: Professional Development by and for Teachersby Diane Sweeney by Diane Sweeney (2003)
"I was thinking we did Shel Silverstein the last few times, and the kids loved it. But I am wondering if we shouldn't do a more serious poem. ..."
6. Reality Checks: Teaching Reading Comprehension with Nonfiction K-5 by Tony Stead (2006)
"... The Giving Tree Author: Shel Silverstein Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers (1 964) Comments: A classic that explores relationships and the importance ..."
7. Practice With Purpose: Literacy Work Stations for Grades 3-6by Debbie Diller by Debbie Diller (2005)
"... Eve Merriam Lilian Moore Naomi Shihab Nye Christina Rosetti Carl Sandburg Shel Silverstein Valerie Worth Making poems with a magnetic poetry kit. ..."
8. Grammar & Punctuation by Jo Ellen Moore (2002)
"The Shel Silverstein book Where the Sidewalk Ends contains a poem entitled Where the Sidewalk Ends. Last weekend I attended a play called Johnny Came ..."