¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Stripeless
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stripeless
Literary usage of Stripeless
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hellenistic Pottery: The Plain Wares by Susan I. Rotroff (2006)
"... and there is sometimes fairly close similarity between striped and stripeless examples.132 But there seems to be some internal consistency among some of ..."
2. Our Vanishing Wild Life: Its Extermination and Preservation by William Temple Hornaday (1913)
"... inhabited by great herds of a wild equine species that in its markings was a sort of connecting link between the striped zebras and the stripeless wild ..."
3. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1904)
"Intermediate forms connect it with Gray's quagga of Cape Colony, which has pale stripeless limbs, under sides and hind quarters. ..."
4. The Dawn of Italian Independence: Italy from the Congress of Vienna, 1814 by William Roscoe Thayer (1893)
"A Liberal Bourbon is as unthinkable as a stripeless tiger: let us wait," — so they mused, or whispered to each other. It is well to remember, however, ..."
5. Concealing-coloration in the Animal Kingdom: An Exposition of the Laws of by Gerald Handerson Thayer, Abbott Handerson Thayer (1909)
"... but a step to the stripeless ruminants and carnivores of the open ground. Among all the bolder obliterative patterns worn by mammals, that of the zebras ..."
6. The Wild Sports of Southern Africa: Being the Narrative of an Expedition by William Cornwallis Harris (1839)
"At every step incredible herds of bonte-bucks,* bles-bucks, and spring-bucks, wit h troops of gnoos, and squadrons of the common, or stripeless quagga, ..."