Definition of Suriname River
1. Noun. A river in Suriname that flows northward to the Atlantic.
Group relationships: Dutch Guiana, Netherlands Guiana, Republic Of Suriname, Surinam, Suriname
Generic synonyms: River
Suriname River Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Suriname River Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Suriname River
Literary usage of Suriname River
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Catalogue of Geological Maps of South America by Henry B. Sullivan (1922)
"Lower Suriname River, Dutch Guiana. 2. Lat. 4° 21' to 6° 10' N. Long. 54° 44' to 55° 41' W. SCALE: 1 : 400000. SIZE: юХ by 19^ inches. ..."
2. Working North from Patagonia: Being the Narrative of a Journey, Earned on by Harry Alverson Franck (1921)
"... Suriname River again, here far narrower, but swift and deep. The buttresses of a bridge had been built, but the few remaining passengers crossed in a ..."
3. Official Catalogue by United States Centennial Commission (1876)
"Chan <if Suriname river. 335 Physical, Social, and Moral Condition of Han. 40 Boer, FN, Rotterdam.—Model of cheap boarding-house. ..."
4. International Exhibition, 1876: Official Catalogueby United States Centennial Commission by United States Centennial Commission (1876)
"Chart of Suriname river. 335 Physical, Social, and Moral Condition of Man. 15 Boer, FN, Rotterdam.—Model of cheap boarding-house. ..."