¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Achromat
1. a type of lens [n -S] - See also: lens
Medical Definition of Achromat
1. A person exhibiting achromatopsia. Origin: G. A-priv. + chroma, colour (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Achromat Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Achromat
Literary usage of Achromat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Contributions to Photographic Optics by Otto Lummer (1900)
"It may now be pointed out that a new achromat, in consequence of its cemented surface being a positive or convergence-producing one, does, in fact, ..."
2. Optics for Photographers by Hans Harting (1918)
"Corresponding to the use of an anomalous pair of glasses in a new achromat, the cemented surface is collecting. This form of achromats, therefore, ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"... an objective should have the separating surface between two media concave towards the medium of higher refraction (new achromat), and for i FIG. 36. ..."