Definition of Achylia gastrica
1. Noun. Absence of gastric juices (partial or complete).
Medical Definition of Achylia gastrica
1. A diminished or abolished secretion of gastric juice associated with atrophy of the mucous membrane of the stomach. (05 Mar 2000)
Achylia Gastrica Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Achylia Gastrica Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Achylia Gastrica
Literary usage of Achylia gastrica
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions by American Gastroenterological Association, British Optical Association (1907)
"ACHYLIA gastrica is a term introduced by Einhorn to denote an absence of gastric secretion, lasting over a greater or less interval of time. ..."
2. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1892)
"With reference to the name, he remarks that, as we have to deal in these cases with an entire lack of gastric juice, " achylia gastrica " may be a suitable ..."
3. Diseases of the stomach, intestines, and pancreas by Robert Coleman Kemp (1917)
"achylia gastrica (the term first suggested by Einhorn) may be defined as a functional ... achylia gastrica may result from organic changes in the stomach, ..."
4. Contributions to Medical and Biological Research by William Osler (1919)
"IN discussing achylia gastrica, or, to be more exact, achlorhydria met with in other conditions than pernicious anemia, it is well to note at first the ..."
5. Diseases of the stomach: Textbook for Practitioners and Students by Max Einhorn (1906)
"In 1892 I1 suggested the term " achylia gastrica" for those conditions in which the stomach apparently secretes no juice and in which clinically the ..."
6. Nutrition and clinical dietetics by Herbert Swift Carter, Paul Edward Howe, Howard Harris Mason (1917)
"... AND achylia gastrica. Of the functional causes, many cases are due to profound ... achylia gastrica."
7. Diseases of the digestive organs: With Special Reference to Their Diagnosis by Charles Dettie Aaron (1921)
""achylia gastrica" is a term introduced into medical literature by Einhorn to ... achylia gastrica senilis is a true wasting disease and is found to consist ..."