Definition of Adult-onset diabetes mellitus
1. Noun. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults; can be precipitated by obesity or severe stress or menopause or other factors; can usually be controlled by diet and hypoglycemic agents without injections of insulin.
Generic synonyms: Diabetes Mellitus, Dm
Adult-onset Diabetes Mellitus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Adult-onset Diabetes Mellitus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Adult-onset Diabetes Mellitus
Literary usage of Adult-onset diabetes mellitus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Alternative Medicine: Expanding Medical Horizons by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"The Pritikin diet has also been studied in connection with adult-onset diabetes mellitus and peripheral vascular disease. Studies suggest that it may show ..."
2. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"... aged 2S-74.5 Obesity is a risk factor for a number of serious disorders (see Chapter 18), including both hypertension and adult-onset diabetes mellitus. ..."
3. Measuring The Health Behavior Of Adolescents: Youth Risk Behavior Surveill by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"... and adult-onset diabetes mellitus (1,2). Obese people also are more likely to develop coronary heart disease independently of other risk factors (3). ..."
4. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"... and older.6 Obesity is a risk factor for a number of serious disorders (see Chapter 21), including both hypertension and adult-onset diabetes mellitus. ..."