Definition of Agrimonia
1. Noun. A plant of the genus Agrimonia having spikelike clusters of small yellow flowers.
Generic synonyms: Herb, Herbaceous Plant
Group relationships: Genus Agrimonia
Specialized synonyms: Agrimonia Eupatoria, Harvest-lice, Agrimonia Procera, Fragrant Agrimony
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Agrimonia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Agrimonia
Literary usage of Agrimonia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Organography of Plants, Especially of the Archegoniata and Spermaphyta by Karl Eberhard Goebel (1905)
"agrimonia. agrimonia gives us an illustration of the five ... In agrimonia pilosa a second pentamerous staminal 1 See Goebel, Beitrage zur Morphologic und ..."
2. The Natural History of Plants: Their Forms, Growth, Reproduction, and by Anton Kerner Von Marilaun (1902)
"Successive phases ofa flower of agrimonia ... Young fruit of agrimonia Eupatoria. l, ... agrimonia."
3. The Magazine of Horticulture, Botany, and All Useful Discoveries and by C M Hovey (1858)
"... is none other than our agrimonia Eupatoria, long celebrated as a vermifuge: and PLINY relates that Eu- PATOR, king of Pontus, took it as a medicine, ..."
4. The Eclectic practice of medicine by John Milton Scudder (1864)
"... stimulating diuretics, as the Uva Ursi, with Macro- tys, Buchu, agrimonia and Collinsonia, ... agrimonia ..."