Definition of Animal group
1. Noun. A group of animals.
Specialized synonyms: Team, Brood, Flock, Flock, Fold, Herd, Herd, Pack, Pod, Pride, Clowder, School, Shoal, Caste, Colony, Warren, Breed, Stock, Strain, Drove, Litter
Group relationships: Fauna, Zoology
Animal Group Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Animal Group Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Animal Group
Literary usage of Animal group
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Man by Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland (1903)
"Why, to return to the reviewer's question, did the original animal group-names of captured women descend to their offspring within the group, say Emu, ..."
2. The Histology and Histochemistry of Man: A Treatise on the Elements of by Heinrich Frey (1875)
"B. Organs of the animal group. 6. Bony Apparatus. §288. Although we have already referred at some length, ..."
3. The Ethnological Journal (1865)
"It is intrinsic nature, it is ultimate purpose, it is character of mind, which makes the difference between animal and animal, group and group ; and here ..."
4. Animals With Backbones by Jo Ellen Moore (1998)
"Each member of the group paints an animal from their animal group. ... works together to make a chart, listing the characteristics of their animal group. ..."