Definition of Annapurna
1. Noun. Wife of Siva and a benevolent aspect of Devi: Hindu goddess of plenty.
2. Noun. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (26,500 feet high).
Group relationships: Kingdom Of Nepal, Nepal, Himalaya, Himalaya Mountains, Himalayas
Generic synonyms: Mountain Peak
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Annapurna Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Annapurna
Literary usage of Annapurna
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nature's Strongholds: The World's Great Wildlife Reserves by Laura Riley, William Riley (2005)
"annapurna Conservation Area includes the famous annapurna peaks. The annapurna Conservation Area Project, a land trust, has begun exemplary work combining ..."
2. Hindu Mythology, Vedic and Purānic by William Joseph Wilkins (1882)
"annapurna (she who fills with food) is represented as a fair woman, standing on' a lotus. In one hand she holds a rice bowl, and in the other a spoon used ..."
3. The Holy City (Benares) by Rajani Ranjan Sen (1912)
"... till at the advice of Laksmi he came to this place where his spouse annapurna had spirited away all the provisions of the universe. ..."