¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Anorthositic
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anorthositic
Literary usage of Anorthositic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Igneous Rocks and Their Origin by Reginald Aldworth Daly (1914)
"at their mutual contact, he also suggests that the syenite is a differentiate of the anorthositic magma.1 A close parallel is found in the group of syenitic ..."
2. Abstracts of the Eighth International Conference on Geochronology by Marvin A. Lanphere, G. Brent Dalrymple, Brent D. Turrin (1994)
"Crystallization at high pressures (~11 kbar) from a basaltic parent is favored for the megacryst, which was subsequently entrained in rising anorthositic ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... rocks has been to discover the nature of possible parent magmas or of processes of anatexis which could yield the anorthositic complexes as crystal ..."
4. The Canadian Record of Science by Natural History Society of Montreal (1897)
"... the greater portion of the gneissic, granitic and anorthositic rocks were of sedimentary origina So far was this sedimentary theory carried out that, ..."
5. Contributions to Geology and Plant Physiology by Johns Hopkins University (1917)
"... magnetite cutting the anorthositic country rock as sharply as any igneous dike ever pictured. ..."