¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Anticommunism
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Anticommunism Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anticommunism
Literary usage of Anticommunism
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sea-Changes: American foreign policy in a world transformed by Nicholas X. Rizopoulos (1990)
"... anticommunism, and world economic liberalism—are of little help, because others are less receptive, or because “victory” has made anticommunism ..."
2. Report of the Congressional Committees Investigating the Iran/Contra Affair by Lee H. Hamilton, Daniel K. Inouye (1995)
"But let's not make the argument over means a Trojan Horse by which neo-isolationism and anft'-anticommunism resume dominant positions in our policy debates. ..."
3. El Salvador at War: An Oral History of Conflict from the 1979 Insurrection edited by Max G. Manwaring, Court Prisk (1995)
"Individuals and tiny groups within the PDC take various positions, all of them based on the most rabid anticommunism, and none of them with any potential ..."
4. The Rise of Nations in the Soviet Union: American Foreign Policy and the by Michael Mandelbaum (1991)
"The end of communism as we have known it also means the end of anticommunism as we have known it. One might reasonably hope that Gorbachev's example of ..."
5. From Globalism to Regionalism: New Perspectives on Us Foreign and Defense by Patrick M Cronin (1994)
"Of the security concerns on the US-Latin American agenda, the drug war is the issue most like anticommunism in its ability to create the specter of an ..."
6. Defense Policy in the Reagan Administration edited by William P. Snyder, James Brown (1997)
"The heart of Reagan's Third World policy is anticommunism. which means anti- Sovietism. The heart of Gorbachev's Third World policy continues to be ..."