2. Noun. A pesticide that counters infection by parasites ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Antiparasitic
Medical Definition of Antiparasitic
1. Destructive to parasites. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Antiparasitic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antiparasitic
Literary usage of Antiparasitic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Modern Materia Medica: The Source, Chemical and Physical Properties (1911)
"It is used in Japan as an antiseptic, antiparasitic and general disinfectant and deodorant. ... antiparasitic ..."
2. The Clinical Journal (1904)
"... suitable treatment to the nasal mucosa, together with a local antiparasitic ointment to the affected area on the lip, speedily effects a complete cure. ..."
3. Squibb's Materia Medica by E.R. Squibb & Sons (1906)
"antiparasitic; especially in scabies. Ointment Sulphur Alkaline, Squibb No. ... antiparasitic and Antipruritic Dermic. Ointment Sulphur Compound, Squibb No. ..."
4. A Syllabus of Materia Medica by Warren Coleman (1906)
"antiparasitic. Syphilitic and other sores. ... antiparasitic. Inunction. Ung. h. oxidi rubri (red precipitate ointment). Uses. antiparasitic. ..."