Definition of Arias
1. Noun. (plural of ARIA) ¹
2. Noun. (plural of aria) ¹
3. Noun. (plural of aria) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Arias
1. aria [n] - See also: aria
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Arias Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Arias
Literary usage of Arias
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hakluytus posthumus: Contayning a History of the World in Sea Voyages and by Samuel Purchas (1905)
"Disgusts betwixt the Negus and the Portugals: arias Diz his ... I sent also to the Captaine arias Diz, that I was come thither, that he should come to ..."
2. Hakluytus Posthumus, Or, Purchas His Pilgrimes: Contayning a History of the by Samuel Purchas (1905)
"I sent also to the Captaine arias Diz, that I was come thither, that he should come to receive me with him men, as it was fit, and they had for a custome. ..."
3. The Voyages of Pedro Fernandez de Quiros, 1595-1606 by Pedro Fernandes de Queirós, Clements Robert Markham, Basil Harrington Soulsby, Luis de Belmonte y Bermúdez, Gaspar Gonzalez de Leza, Juan de Torquemada, Luis Vaez de Torres, Diego de Prado y Tobar, Fernando de Castro (1904)
"The date is after 1614, because arias mentions the death of Quiros at Panama, which took place in that year. Vicuña MacKenna, in his History of Jua» ..."
4. Annals of the Artists of Spain by William Stirling Maxwell (1891)
"Villegas enjoyed, as" this epitaph records, the intimate friendship, and has elsewhere been honourably mentioned in the writings, of arias Montano, ..."
5. The Conquest of Florida, by Hernando de Soto by Theodore Irving (1851)
"THE VOYAGES OF MALDONADO AND GOMEZ arias IN SEARCH OP DE SOTO DEATH OF DONA ISABEL DE BOBADILLA. 1543. To close this eventful history, it only remains to ..."
6. Chileans of To-day by William Belmont Parker, Hispanic Society of America (1920)
"VIRGINIO ARIA$, the son of Francisco arias and Lorenza Cruz, ... In 1873 arias went to Santiago and with the money he had saved was able to enter the ..."