Definition of Armoured vehicle
1. Noun. A vehicle that is protected by armor plate.
Specialized synonyms: Armored Car, Armoured Car, Armored Car, Armoured Car, Apc, Armored Personnel Carrier, Armoured Personnel Carrier, Assault Gun, Armored Combat Vehicle, Armoured Combat Vehicle, Army Tank, Tank, Tank Destroyer
Generic synonyms: Self-propelled Vehicle
Armoured Vehicle Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Armoured Vehicle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Armoured Vehicle
Literary usage of Armoured vehicle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. National Security, Merger and Anti-Trust Policy and International Co by Ulf Oberg (1996)
"... the USA's two suppliers of 120-mm armoured vehicle ammunition, planned a merger ahead of a multi- year defence acquisition programme that would have ..."
2. 3-D Deterministic Radiation Transport Computer Programs: Features by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (1997)
"This depicts a fairly simple combinatorial geometry of an armoured vehicle (449 primitives and 658 Booleans). Models with up to 20000 primitives and ..."
3. Humanitarian Law Violations in Kosovo by Fred Abrahams (1998)
"Five days later, a non-armoured vehicle of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) also hit a mine in the area, killing one ethnic Albanian ..."
4. State of the Nation: South Africa 2007 by S Buhlungu (2007)
"... include a police surveillance video playing inside an armoured vehicle, and 121 nooses to represent each of those hanged for political offences. ..."
5. Who Needs Las Vegas?: Gambling and Its Impacts in a Southwestern Minnesota by Mikal J. Aasved, James M. Schaefer (1994)
"... TITL: PAV - A Multi-Purpose armoured vehicle JCIT: Law and Order, V 29, N 7 (July 1981), P 66-71 PAUT: Miller, MJ; Boyd, GW SALE: National Institute of ..."
6. UN Peace-Keeping Operations: A Guide to Japanese Policies by L. William Heinrich, Akiho Shibata, Yoshihide Soeya (1999)
"In the end, a compromise was reached and the SDF was allowed to take a single machine gun mounted on an armoured vehicle. The same debate arose prior to the ..."
7. Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Protection Against by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"This problem of constructing of Laser System for armoured vehicle is not easy. It is important to construct the simple enough and effective design of Laser ..."
8. Regional Peacekeepers: The Paradox of Russian Peacekeeping by John Mackinlay, Peter Cross (2003)
"It had a range of plant vehicles for armoured vehicle recovery and route improvement. There were also eight bomb disposal personnel. ..."