2. Adjective. Made by a skilled worker (an artisan), such as a specialty item. Often applied to foodstuffs. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Artisanal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Artisanal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Artisanal
Literary usage of Artisanal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Rural Agroindustry in Latin America: An Evaluation of the PRODAR Network by Raúl Fiorentino (1997)
"These laws would have drastic consequences for small artisanal producers. REDAR-Guatemala applied for and received financing from FIAR for a research ..."
2. E-Commerce in the Asian Context: Selected Case Studies by Renald Lafond, Chaitali Sinha (2005)
"... Marketing of artisanal Products through the Internet Rajveer Singh This chapter documents the experiences and lessons learned in four artisan clusters ..."
3. Under Cover: Evolution of Upholstered Furniture by Ed van Hinte (2006)
"So the two extremes, mass produced luxury and an artisanal image proposal, roughly represent two lines of tradition in chair design. ..."
4. Indicators of Sustainability for the Mineral Extraction Industry by Roberto Cerrini Villas Boas, Christian Beinhoff (2002)
"On average, it is estimated that artisanal miners in Indonesia and Laos have annual gold production of nearly 50 and 0.5 tonnes respectively. ..."
5. Migratory Fishes of South America: Biology, Fisheries and Conservation Status by Joachim Carolsfeld (2003)
"Because of their size and excellent flesh, they bring the best price in the market and are therefore the preferred catches of artisanal fisheries. ..."