2. Noun. A means of attaching. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Attacher
1. one that attaches [n -S] - See also: attaches
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Attacher Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Attacher
Literary usage of Attacher
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Law of Collateral Attack on Judicial Proceedings by John McKee Van Fleet (1892)
"A motion to quash an attachment levy, made after judgment, by a subsequent attacher, was held not to be collateral in Georgia, and was sustained because the ..."
2. A Treatise on the Law of Suits by Attachment in the United States by Charles Daniel Drake (1891)
"284 is not produced, as to subsequent attacher, by a mistake in taking judgment for too much, in favor of prior attacher, when the mistake was immediately ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1887)
"... payable in thirty years from the date thereof, with coupons thereto attacher), for the payment of interest on the same in the City ..."
4. Un philosophe sous les toits: journal d'un homme heureux by Emile Souvestre, William Henry Fraser (1889)
"to attach, connect, flx, tie; s'attacher, to cling. attaque, sf [attaquer, doublet «t attacher], attack, onset, assault. atteindre, v. tr. ir., atteignant, ..."
5. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1905)
"It seems, however, to be generally held that A junior attacher or other ... In Louisiana it has been decided that a junior attacher cannot intervene to ..."
6. A Treatise on Attachment and Garnishment by Rufus Waples (1885)
"And if the necessary allegation is not proved, the second attacher fails to show hia right to appear for the purpose of vacating the first. ..."