Definition of Automatic data processing
1. Noun. Data processing by a computer.
Generic synonyms: Data Processing
Specialized synonyms: Edp, Electronic Data Processing, Idp, Integrated Data Processing
Medical Definition of Automatic data processing
1. Data processing largely performed by automatic means. (12 Dec 1998)
Automatic Data Processing Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Automatic Data Processing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Automatic Data Processing
Literary usage of Automatic data processing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Potential Impact on the U. S. Economy and Industries of the GATT Uruguay ...by Mark Estes by Mark Estes (1994)
"... 1991-931 automatic data processing machines: US exports of domestic merchandise, imports for Item US exports of domestic merchandise: 1991 Japan 3.260 ..."
2. The Military Dictionary (1987)
"... data processing to include the aspect of data transfer. automatic data processing—(DOD, NATO) 1. Data processing largely performed by automatic means. ..."
3. Information Security Program Regulation: U.S. Dept. of Defenseby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"1-206 automatic data processing Systems This Regulation applies to protection of classified information pro-cessed, stored or used in, or communicated, ..."