Definition of Automatic data processing system
1. Noun. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
Specialized synonyms: Backup System, Platform
Terms within: Auxiliary Equipment, Off-line Equipment
Generic synonyms: System
Lexicographical Neighbors of Automatic Data Processing System
Literary usage of Automatic data processing system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States: Annotated for Statistical ...edited by Stephen Koplan, Deanna Tanner Okun edited by Stephen Koplan, Deanna Tanner Okun (2006)
"... of a complete system if it meets all the following conditions: (a) It is of a kind solely or principally used in an automatic data processing system; ..."
2. Microcomputer Security by David J. Stang (1991)
"... other (manual or behavioral) security procedure« are not circumvented. automatic data processing system (Orange book) An assembly of computer hardware, ..."
3. Taking the Profit Out of Drug Trafficking: The Battle Against Money edited by Bill McCollum (2001)
"... be to eventually have a completely computerized central command post staffed by Federal agents that employs the latest automatic data processing system. ..."
4. Volcanic Ash and Aviation Safety: Proceedings of the First International edited by T. J. Casadevall (1995)
"Nishi, K., 1987, automatic data processing system for volcanic earthquakes and tremors: Kyoto University, Japan, Annual Report of the Disaster Prevention ..."
5. Cops Nad Computers: Microcomputer Use in Criminal Justice Agencies by J. Thomas McEwen (1992)
"... truth tables and the interconnection among logical elements required for arith- matic computation in an automatic data processing system. logical file: ..."
6. Trusted Product Evaluations: A Guide for Vendorsby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"This provides a metric for distinguishing a range of features and assurances for security controls built into automatic data processing system products. ..."
7. The World Wide Military Command and Control System: evolution and effectiveness by David Eric Pearson (2000)
"By the time WWMCCS was established, each of the services and defense agencies had its own automatic data-processing system up and running. ..."