2. Noun. the condition of goods in a bonded warehouse until duty is paid ¹
3. Noun. (plural of bond) ¹
4. Verb. (third-person singular of bond) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Bonds
1. bond [v] - See also: bond
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bonds Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bonds
Literary usage of Bonds
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1885)
"caveat against their payment or conversion Into bonds to anyone else and gave notice to the principal bankers and brokers of the City of New York of ..."
2. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1909)
"its opinion, that the county commissioners' court had the power, under the acts of the legislature, to issue bonds of the county for courthouse and jail ..."
3. Cyclopaedia of Political Science, Political Economy, and of the Political by John Joseph Lalor (1883)
"The following table shows the profit on an investment in bonds to secure circu- —The profit is greatest when the bunk rate of interest is least, ..."