Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cannelon Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cannelon
Literary usage of Cannelon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Dinner Year-book by Marion Harland (1878)
"cannelon of Beef. Pork and Beans. Chow-chow. Potato Stew. Peach Batter Pudding. ... cannelon OF BEEF. Cut the meat from your cold roast, and chop it fine. ..."
2. The Rumford Complete Cookbook by Lily Haxworth Wallace, Rumford Chemical Works (1908)
"cannelon of Beef 2 pounds round steak. 2 tablespoons chopped pars- 2 tablespoons bread ley. Grated rind of half a 2 tablespoons melted butter. crumbs. ..."
3. Table Talk's Illustrated Cook Book by Table Talk Publishing Co (1906)
"To make a beef loaf or cannelon, as it is often called, free two pounds of lean beef from fat and put through the chopper, adding a square inch of kidney ..."
4. Domestic Science by Bertha J. Hoisington Austin (1915)
"Lesson XXX cannelon OF BEEF Materials used: Class Rule ic chopped moat 8 drops of onion juice J tp salt a few grains of pepper 1 tb beaten egg 5 tp chopped ..."
5. The Boston Cooking School Magazine of Culinary Science and Domestic Economics by Mass Boston Cooking School (Boston, Boston Cooking School (Boston, Mass.) (1905)
"Then, when cooked enough, let the candy cool a little before beginning to beat it. See also answer to Query 923. Light Nut cannelon The lightness of a ..."
6. Practical Cooking and Serving: A Complete Manual of how to Select, Prepare by Janet McKenzie Hill (1902)
"cannelon OF BEEF 2 pounds of lean beef from top of 1 teaspoonful of onion juice. round. ... Saute"d mushroom trimmings, added to the cannelon with the other ..."
7. A Text-book of Cooking by Carlotta Cherryholmes Greer (1915)
"If a suitable fat has been used, the Brown Sauce may be seasoned and used with the cannelon of Beef. BROWN SAUCE 1 \ tablespoonfuls fat 2 tablespoonfuls ..."