Definition of Capital of kentucky
1. Noun. The capital of Kentucky; located in northern Kentucky.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Bluegrass State, Kentucky, Ky
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Kentucky
Literary usage of Capital of kentucky
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by Kentucky General Assembly. House of Representatives, United States Congress Senate (1853)
"Governor Wright—It affords me pleasure to welcome you to the Capital of Kentucky. Forming, as the States of this Union do, one great confederacy, ..."
2. A New Primary Geography by David M. Warren (1886)
"What is the capital of Kentucky? On what ilver is It? Name the capital of Indiana. Of Illinois. Michigan. Wisconsin. What Is the capital of Missouri? ..."
3. Colton and Fitch's Introductory School Geography: Illustrated by Twenty Maps by George William Fitch, George Woolworth Colton (1863)
"St. Ls. What is the capital of Kentucky ? Ft. On what river is Louisville ? Oo. What is the capital of Tennessee ? Ne. On what river is Memphis ? Mi. ..."
4. Elementary Geography: Taught by Means of Pictures, Maps, Chars, Diagrams by James Monteith (1883)
"It is lowest along the Ohio and the Mississippi River. What is the capital of Kentucky ? Its largest city ? On what river is Louisville ? ..."
5. Manual of Geography: Combined with History and Astronomy by James Monteith (1864)
"What is the Capital of Kentucky? What large City in Kentucky, on the Ohio? What City south-east of Frankfort? What two States north of Tennessee? ..."