Definition of Capital of Iowa
1. Noun. The capital and largest city in Iowa.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Hawkeye State, Ia, Iowa
Capital Of Iowa Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Iowa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Iowa
Literary usage of Capital of Iowa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Magazine of American History with Notes and Queries by Pond, Nathan Gillett, 1832-, Martha Joanna Lamb, John Austin Stevens (1889)
"6 THE HISTORIC capital of Iowa " AMERICA ANOTHER NAME FOR OPPORTUNITY " ONE May morning, fifty years ago, a thin column of smoke rose on a bluff overlooking ..."
2. Manual of Geography: Combined with History and Astronomy by James Monteith (1864)
"What two Rivers flow through Iowa? In what direction do most rivers of Iowa flow? What is the capital of Iowa? ..."
3. Colton's Common School Geography by Joseph Hutchins Colton (1880)
"... in the southeastern corner of Iowa, has a largo river commerce. Population, 15000. 2)es Moitiés, the capital of Iowa, is a thriving railroad center. ..."
4. The World Book: Organized Knowledge in Story and Picture edited by Michael Vincent O'Shea, Ellsworth D. Foster, George Herbert Locke (1918)
"Iowa City was established in 1839 and was incorporated in 1853; from the time is was founded until 1857 it was the capital of Iowa, both as territory and ..."
5. Colton and Fitch's Introductory School Geography: Illustrated by Twenty Maps by George William Fitch, George Woolworth Colton (1863)
"Mn. What is the capital of Iowa ? Ds Ms. What is the capital of Minnesota t St. PL On what river is Iowa City ? Ia. On what river is Burlington ? Mi. ..."