Definition of Capital of sudan
1. Noun. The capital of Sudan located at the confluence of the Blue Nile and White Nile.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Republic Of The Sudan, Soudan, Sudan
Capital Of Sudan Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Capital Of Sudan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Capital Of Sudan
Literary usage of Capital of sudan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Railway Conquest of the World by Frederick Arthur Ambrose Talbot (1911)
"Although the iron link has stretched beyond Khartoum to the south, Alexandria and Cairo are not in through railway communication with the capital of Sudan, ..."
2. The Journal of the Royal Geographic Society of London by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain) (1846)
"... the capital of Sudan; and if he should resolve on returning from this latter place it would be by the way of ..."
3. Cathay and the Way Thither: Being a Collection of Medieval Notices of China by Henry Yule, Odorico, Rashīd al-Dīn Ṭabīb, Francesco Balducci Pegolotti, Joannes de Marignolis, Ibn Batuta, Bento de Góis (1866)
"... a place where the houses and mosques were built of rock-salt, and roofed with camel- hides,2 and at length reached MALLI, the capital of Sudan.3 Here he ..."
4. The Methodist Review (1861)
"Our limits will permit us to trace the personal narrative of our traveler during his residence at this ancient capital of Sudan, and till setting out for ..."
5. Travels in Africa During the Years 1875[-1886] by Wilhelm Junker (1890)
"... and the following morning pushed rapidly forward, eager to reach the far-famed capital of Sudan as soon as possible. Kopp and I riding ahead soon ..."