Definition of Cardium
1. Noun. Type genus of the family Cardiidae: cockles.
Generic synonyms: Mollusk Genus
Group relationships: Cardiidae, Family Cardiidae
Member holonyms: Cockle
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cardium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cardium
Literary usage of Cardium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria by Royal Society of Victoria (Melbourne, Vic.), Royal Society of Victoria (1903)
"Conch. 111., sp. 9, pi. 49, f. 16, and pi. 177, f. 45. 1842. cardium ... cardium pulchellum, Angas. PZS Lond., p. 870, No. 64. 1880. cardium ..."
2. A Conchological Dictionary of the British Islands by William Turton (1819)
"cardium aculeatum. Spinous Cockle. Lister, pi. 321. f. 158—Pennant, pi. 53. f. 1—Donovan, pi. ... cardium spinosum. Sowerby, Brit. Miscell.pl. 32. ..."
3. Report of the Annual Meeting (1899)
"On the Variation of cardium, Donax, and Tellina. By J. PARKINSON. ... I then proceeded to the genus cardium, and subsequently to the genera Donax and ..."
4. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1890)
"... their alteration due to their having been kept at a comparatively high temperature for a considerable period. III. " On some Variations of cardium ..."