Definition of Carvers
1. Noun. (plural of carver) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Carvers
1. carver [n] - See also: carver
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Carvers Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Carvers
Literary usage of Carvers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wood Carving: Design and Workmanship by George Jack (1903)
"The tools used by carvers consist for the most part of chisels and gouges of ... The number of tools required by professional carvers for one piece of work ..."
2. The Employments of Women: A Cyclopaedia of Woman's Work / by Virginia Penny by Virginia Penny, Penny, Virginia, b. 1826 (1863)
"carvers. The word " carver " is rather extensive in its application, being applied alike to one who cuts stone, wood, or metal. carvers of stone and metal ..."
3. Ivory and the Elephant in Art, in Archaeology, and in Science by George Frederick Kunz (1916)
"IVORY carvers OF ALL LANDS AND OF ALL TIMES AARTS, A. Sculptor. ... carvers of the Erbach (Odenwald) school in the middle of the eighteenth century. ..."
4. The Expert Waitress: A Manual for the Pantry, Kitchen, and Dining-room by Anne Frances Springsteed Cole, Anne Frances Springsteed (1894)
"It is safest to replace carvers in their own cases. When they are laid in a drawer, it is well to keep each one in its own simple case of heavy gray flannel ..."
5. Wages and Earnings of the Working Classes: Report to Sir Arthur Bass, M.P. by Leone Levi (1885)
"carvers.—Mostly time-work. Wages vary very much, according to skill—from 9d. to ... WOOD carvers AND TOY MAKERS. SUB-ORDER 3. THE wages in these occupations ..."
6. Special Bulletin by New York (State). Dept. of Labor (1901)
"4.50 for cutters and $o for carvers—an advance of 50 cents per day for both classes, and the jurisdiction of the union is to extend twenty- five miles from ..."
7. The Up-to-date Waitress by Janet McKenzie Hill (1906)
"WASHING STEEL KNIVES AND carvers After washing the blades of steel knives, scour them with Bristol brick ... Use only lukewarm water in caring for carvers. ..."