2. Adjective. Operating without the need for cash. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Cashless
1. having no cash [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cashless Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cashless
Literary usage of Cashless
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Privacy in a Fishbowl by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1995)
"cashless SOCIETY Government bureaucrats, particularly those that inhabit the IRS, don't particularly like cash transactions, to make a gross understatement. ..."
2. Access Denied?: Preventing Information Exclusion by Danny Kruger (1998)
"The electronic money economy The benefits and dangers of the cashless society will ... Whether a cashless economy will serve to exclude further those at the ..."
3. Bank Profitability: Methodological Country Notes by Oecd, Organization for Economic Cooperation An (2003)
"Credit cards and cheques are the main instruments of cashless money transfer. ... All cashless money transfers are made through Electronic Fund Transfer ..."
4. Specimens of Newspaper Literature: With Personal Memoirs, Anecdotes, and by Joseph Tinker Buckingham (1852)
"When the schoolmaster's year is done, What profits him beneath the sun Î While lazy knaves their treasures hoard, He labors hard to pay his board : cashless ..."
5. Egypt in Transition by Sidney Low (1914)
"Miss cashless was not exactly in her first youth, and the stress of a dozen London ... Privately, Miss cashless referred to him in conversation with her ..."
6. OECD Territorial Reviews by Oecd (2001)
"... and coins is not consistent with the government's cashless payment policies. Evolution of money Barter trade has been practised since time immemorial. ..."