2. Adverb. insanely ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Certifiably
Lexicographical Neighbors of Certifiably
Literary usage of Certifiably
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Medical and Surgical Reporter (1894)
"He goes on to ask, How is a jury to determine whether a man is " certifiably insane?" How is any man to attach a definite meaning to " certifiably insane? ..."
2. Threat of Bioterrorism and the Spread of Infectious Diseases: Hearing Before edited by Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (2001)
"Vaccines have certifiably saved millions of lives and account for some of our greatest medical successes. Nevertheless, preventive vaccines are not ..."
3. Edinburgh Medical Journal (1906)
"If the mental disturbance is prolonged or the patient turns out to be certifiably insane, he is sent to an asylum. This is a new departure on which those ..."
4. Mental Deficiency (amentia) by Alfred Frank Tredgold (1922)
"... the Home Secretary said: " Both in local and convict prisons those prisoners who are not certifiably insane, but are unfit through mental deficiency for ..."
5. Mind and Its Disorders: A Text-book for Students and Practitioners by William Henry Butter Stoddart (1908)
"Of course, a certain number of these patients become certifiably insane and then their insanity is frequently accompanied by symptoms which have been ..."