Definition of Certified milk
1. Noun. Milk from dairies regulated by an authorized medical milk commission.
Medical Definition of Certified milk
1. Cow's milk that does not have more than the maximal permissible limit of 10,000 bacteria per ml at any time prior to delivery to the consumer, and that must be cooled to 10°C or less and maintained at that temperature until delivery. (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Certified Milk
Literary usage of Certified milk
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Preventive Medicine and Hygiene by Milton Joseph Rosenau, George Chandler Whipple, John William Trask, Thomas William Salmon (1921)
"In the production of certified milk, cows are never allowed to graze, but are given carefully selected feed. Certain substances, as en- . ..."
2. A Half Century of Public Health: Jubilee Historical Volume of the American by American Public Health Association (1921)
"Through this Association national standards for certified milk have been ... The movement for certified milk, started in 1892, gave a great impulse to the ..."
3. Foods and Their Adulteration: Origin, Manufacture, and Composition of Food by Harvey Washington Wiley (1917)
"certified milk.—The ideal milk for use of infants in large cities is, undoubtedly, ... If the quantity of certified milk, therefore, is to be restricted, ..."
4. The Milk Question by Milton Joseph Rosenau (1912)
"certified milk certified milk is the very best, the very freshest, ... certified milk represents one of those high ideals which at first seems visionary and ..."
5. The Diseases of infancy and childhood by Henry Koplik (1918)
"certified milk.—certified milk is a term to designate milk which has been collected under cleanly precautions from herds of cows whose freedom from disease ..."
6. Food Products by Henry Clapp Sherman (1914)
"Buildings in which certified milk is produced and handled shall be so located as to insure proper shelter and good drainage, and at sufficient distance from ..."