Definition of Chairman of the board
1. Noun. The chairman of the board of directors of a corporation.
Chairman Of The Board Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Chairman Of The Board Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Chairman Of The Board
Literary usage of Chairman of the board
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography: Being the History of the by James Terry White (1910)
"He has been chairman of the board of trustees of the National Council of the Congregational Church of the United States, and he is a member of the State ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1888)
"In the first case, service was made upon the city clerk and upon the chairman of the board of street commissioners whilst the board was in session, ..."
3. A Journal of the Great War by Charles Gates Dawes (1921)
"Conference with Chairman of the Board of Contracts and Adjustments in connection with the question of lumber replacements with the French, the important ..."
4. A Treatise on the Incorporation and Organization of Corporations Created by Thomas Gold Frost (1908)
"Powers and Duties of the Chairman of the Board. The chairman of the Board of Directors shall preside at all meetings of the stockholders and of Chairman. ..."