¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Checkable
Lexicographical Neighbors of Checkable
Literary usage of Checkable
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Purchasing Power of Money : Its Determination and Relation to Credit by Irving Fisher, Harry Gunnison Brown (1911)
"In their valuable special Report asof April 28,1909, constructed through the Comptroller of the Currency, the checkable deposits are given as 6.94 ..."
2. The Purchasing Power of Money: its determination and relation to credit by Irving Fisher, Harry Gunnison Brown (1912)
"In their valuable special Report as of April 28,1909, constructed through the Comptroller of the Currency, the checkable deposits are given as 6.94 ..."
3. Bank Profitability: Methodological Country Notes by Oecd, Organization for Economic Cooperation An (2003)
"Commercial banks make a variety of business, real estate, and personal loans, financed mainly by time, savings, and demand and other checkable deposits. ..."
4. Under the Sky in California by Charles Francis Saunders (1913)
"This also was checkable as baggage. It is advisable to divide your luggage into numerous small packages rather than to have it consist of one or more bulky ..."
5. War Borrowing: A Study of Treasury Certificates of Indebtedness of the by Jacob Harry Hollander (1919)
"The accompaniment of certificate absorption was thus a reduction in the volume of commercial discounts and of checkable deposits, substantial in amount but ..."
6. Field Quartermaster's Handbook: Complete from a Company to a Division by Frank Hall Lawton, J. C. McArthur, Dempsey W. A. (1917)
"checkable baggage not exceeding 150 pounds per passenger is carried froe by the railroads, and therefore the weight should nol'be included with weight of ..."