Definition of Church member
1. Noun. A religious person who goes to church regularly.
Generic synonyms: Religious Person
Specialized synonyms: Congregant, Holy Roller, Parishioner
Church Member Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Church Member Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Church Member
Literary usage of Church member
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fritz-Gilbert Waters (1902)
"1751; became a church member in 1721. His ch. were: 1. ... Mch. 28,1694; church member in 1711; m. her cousin, Joseph Stevens. iii. ABEL, b. Feb. 18, 1698. ..."
2. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1918)
"may be affirmatively shown that the deceased had no bad habits,27 that he did not drink or gamble,28 and that he was a church member,29 and it may be shown ..."
3. A Treatise on the Constitutional Limitations which Rest Upon the Legislative by Thomas McIntyre Cooley, Victor Hugo Lane (1903)
"But an accusation by a church member against one who is not a church member cannot be considered privileged. Coombs v. Hose, 8 Blackf. 156. ..."
4. The Radical by Sidney H.. Morse, Joseph B.. Marvin (1869)
"CHURCH VERSUS CHURCH-MEMBER. " AT AY the Lord have mercy upon your soul!" •1VJ. A good wish, surely, if we look only at the words, and their obvious import. ..."