Definition of Classers
1. Noun. (plural of classer) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Classers
1. classer [n] - See also: classer
Literary usage of Classers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by William B. Dana (1856)
"... of which sum the first classers contributed £57669, the second classers £94658, the third classers £31328, and the Parliamentary passengers £60428. ..."
2. Report of the Commissioner of Corporations on Cotton Exchanges by United States Bureau of Corporations, Herbert Knox Smith (1908)
"Now, everybody who has had any experience with cotton classers knows that the ... I have seen that well illustrated in the case of one of my own classers in ..."
3. Report of the Commissioner of Corporations on Cotton Exchanges by United States Bureau of Corporations, Herbert Knox Smith (1908)
"In both markets classers very frequently grade cotton without actually comparing ... It is contended that such a rule is unnecessary where the classers are ..."
4. The American Cotton System Historically Treated: Showing Operations of the by Thomas Southworth Miller (1909)
"I have that well illustrated in the case of one of my own classers in the ... All good classers are in a way artists. No cotton classer can tell you why he ..."
5. Transactions by National Association of Cotton Manufacturers, New England Cotton Manufacturers' Association, Institution of Public Health Engineers (Great Britain) (1913)
"classers. 10. (Short.) The New England Cotton Buyers' Association ... The classers shall not undertake to declare the length of any staple, but shall judge ..."
6. Transactions of the National Association of Cotton Manufacturers by National Association of Cotton Manufacturers, New England Cotton Manufacturers' Association (1899)
"... because gin- . ners in the South are not expert classers of cotton. This is a fair inference from his disparagement of cotton ginners and his remark, ..."
7. The Law of Joint Property and Partition in British India by Ram Charan Mitra (1897)
"(6) classers.—When classers or other Revenue officers are deputed on a ... This fee should be recovered from the classers and the Revenue officers deputed ..."