¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Coater
1. one that coats [n -S] - See also: coats
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Coater Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Coater
Literary usage of Coater
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Building Construction and Superintendence by Frank Eugene Kidder (1915)
"A varnish-sizing gloss-coat should never be applied directly on plaster or' on the "basic coater," because it does not penetrate, but dries on the surface. ..."
2. Hypochondriac's Guide to Tamiflu (Oseltamvir) for Bird Flu: Public by W Frederick Zimmerman (2006)
"This polymer mixture was sprayed onto the tablets in a conventional pan coater to obtain film-coated tablets which membrane coating weighed approximately 10 ..."
3. Problems of the Finishing Room: A Reference and Formula Manual for Furniture by Walter Karl Schmidt (1916)
"That it gives a brittle coating is conceded; that it is not the best first coater in all cases is also conceded. Where the time limit comes into play, ..."
4. JTEC Panel Report on Display Technologies in Japan (1993)
"Photoresist coating: Panel coater - spin Roll coater - high throughput Hot plate oven Film ... (2) coater Spin coating is better than roll coating. ..."
5. A Treatise on Pharmacy for Students and Pharmacists by Charles Caspari, Evander Francis Kelly (1920)
"Franciscus' gelatin.coater. the pills which have been placed in the ... Maynard's gelatin coater (Fig. 249) is not provided with a grooved tray from which ..."