Definition of Codfish cake
1. Noun. Usually made of flaked salt cod and mashed potatoes.
Codfish Cake Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Codfish Cake Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Codfish Cake
Literary usage of Codfish cake
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report of the New-York Institution for the Instruction of the Deaf by New-York Institution for the Instruction of the Deaf and Dumb (1908)
"JANUARY —ist week : Coffee cake, pork and beans, cake. 2d week : Rolls, steamed cabbage, cake. 3d week : Raisin bread, creamed codfish, cake. ..."
2. An Errand to the South in the Summer of 1862 by William Wyndham Malet (1863)
"codfish cake, fried in Batter. Queen Fritters, Lemon flavour. Macaroni, a la Italien. Broiled Spring Chicken, Cream Sauce. ROAST. Beef. ..."
3. Transactions by Homoeopathic Medical Society of the State of New York (1869)
"Under the supposition that codfish-cake, eaten for supper, was the exciting cause of the trouble, a dose of mix vom. was given without effect. ..."
4. The Practical Hotel Steward by John Tellman (1913)
"40 on codfish cake. 45 OMELETTES with fresh tomatoes. 40 with chives, shallots, parsley. 40 \ with onion and bacon. 40 ' onion,green pepper, ..."
5. Housekeeping for Two: A Practical Guide for Beginners by Alice Louise James (1909)
"... omelettes, lobster a la New- berg, sweetbreads in timbales, creamed codfish, cake, ices and ice-cream are a few of the dishes suitable for high tea. ..."