Definition of Conyza
1. Noun. Common American weed or wildflower.
Generic synonyms: Asterid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Aster Family, Asteraceae, Compositae, Family Asteraceae, Family Compositae
Member holonyms: Canadian Fleabane, Conyza Canadensis, Erigeron Canadensis, Fleabane, Horseweed
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Conyza Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Conyza
Literary usage of Conyza
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1902)
"conyza 3 Pannonica conyza tertia conyza VII, [near of Inula Oculus Pan. ... conyza major Sp. conyza I, C. Bauhin, Erigeron visco- Aster fol. ..."
2. Synoptical Flora of North America: The Gamopetalae, Being a Second Edition by Asa Gray (1888)
"Wet si ill, Cape May, Xew Jersey, and through the low country to Keys of Florida (where is a very narrow-leaved variety, conyza ..."
3. Companion to the Botanical Magazine: Being a Journal, Containing Such by Sir William Jackson Hooker (1836)
"290, so far as can be judged from the character. It was an indifferent specimen of this which we had thought might be the conyza ambigua (Bot. of ..."
4. The Natural History of Pliny by Pliny, John Bostock, Henry Thomas Riley (1856)
"There are two varieties of conyza, also, employed in making 13 From Theophrastus, Hist. Plant. B. vi. c. 2, and De Causis, B. ic 5. ..."
5. British Phaenogamous Botany, Or, Figures and Descriptions of the Genera of ...by W. (William) Baxter by W. (William) Baxter (1837)
"conyza media, Ray's Syn. p. 174.—Johnson's Gerarde, p. 482. LOCALITIES.-*In moist meadows and watery places; and by the sides of rivers, brooks, ..."