Definition of Cubic kilometer
1. Noun. A unit of capacity equal to the volume of a cube one kilometer on each edge.
Generic synonyms: Metric Capacity Unit
Terms within: Cubic Meter, Cubic Metre, Kiloliter, Kilolitre
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cubic Kilometer
Literary usage of Cubic kilometer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1909)
"We must be careful not to confuse this with the mass of a cubic kilometer of ether; it is only the mass moved when the light passes through it; ..."
2. Bulletin by Mount Weather Observatory, Bluemont, Va, United States Weather Bureau (1913)
"... is astonishingly small — only the one hundred and seventy-fourth part of a cubic kilometer, or the seven hundred and twenty-seventh part of a cubic mile ..."
3. Probability of Sea Level Rise by James G. Titus, Vijay K. Narayanan (1998)
"... which implies that for every one cubic kilometer of ice that melts, more than one cubic kilometer of ice will flow into the shelf. ..."
4. The Merchants' Magazine and Commercial Review by Isaac Smith Homans, William B. Dana (1866)
"1 decameter equal to 119.00 square yards. 1 meter equal to 1.20 square yards. Names. cubic kilometer cubic ..."