¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Decoloured
1. decolour [v] - See also: decolour
Lexicographical Neighbors of Decoloured
Literary usage of Decoloured
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Chemist ; Or, Reporter of Chemical Discoveries and Improvements by Charles Watt (1840)
"... is not decoloured by chlorine. Azote is eliminated in the state of sal ammoniac, and a violet- coloured substance, insoluble in water, is formed, ..."
2. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1897)
"... with four dark spots on inner margin, three on clavus and one beyond ; with a complete transverse decoloured band before transverse nervures, ..."
3. Pharmaceutical Journal by Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (1851)
"According to Bottger, the potash test applies only to white fabrics ; it may nevertheless serve for those that are dyed, if previously decoloured with ..."
4. The Chemist: A Monthly Journal of Chemical and Physical Science (1840)
"... may be decoloured in another manner : if a piece of zinc be put with a ... it is decoloured by the nascent hydrogen, and a matter is formed which I ..."