2. Verb. (simple past of devein) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Deveined
1. devein [v] - See also: devein
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Deveined Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Deveined
Literary usage of Deveined
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Code of Federal Regulations: Title 21: Food and Drugs by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"(ii) When the food is of the style described in paragraph (a)(3)(ii) of this section, the words “cleaned,” “cleaned (deveined),” on “deveined” may be ..."
2. The Bahamas: A Taste of the Islands by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2000)
"Caribbean Seafood Strudel in Mango-Lime Sauce, Atlantis Seafood Strudel: olive oil '/•> pound grouper 8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined 'A pound scallops ..."
3. Antigua, Barbuda, St. Kitts & Nevis Alive!by Paris Permenter, John Bigley by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2001)
"Lobster: 1 lobster tail (12 oz), split, cleaned and deveined; 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut; 1 cup all-purpose flour; l/4 cup cornstarch; ..."
4. Mexico's Gulf Coast by Joanie Sanchez (2004)
"After the tobacco leaves have been dried and fermented, they're sorted based on size and color, then deveined (as you see here), and placed to age again ..."
5. Romantic Weekends Northern & Central Florida by Janet Groene, Gordon Groene (2003)
"... cut into 2-inch chunks I pound raw shrimp, shelled and deveined 2 cups cubed potatoes (%-inch dice) i cup dry Sauterne I teaspoon chopped parsley I ..."