Definition of Devel
1. Noun. (Scotland) (alternative spelling of devvel) ¹
2. Verb. (Scotland) (alternative spelling of devvel) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Devel
1. to strike forcibly [v -ED, -ING, -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Devel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Devel
Literary usage of Devel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Merlin: A Middle-English Metrical Version of a French Romance by Henry Lovelich (1904)
"596 Ano» this devel that hadde Swich ... the devel hym wente owt of that pías ; 604 and that Mayden tho awook anon, on awakening, immedi- whanne that the ..."
2. The Diplomatic Relations of England with the Quadruple Alliance, 1815-1830 by Louis Calvert, Myrna M. Boyce, Paul Padgette (1918)
"... of Little Value—The Road Company—The Evils of Endless Repetition—Staying on Broadway—How One-part Actors Are devel- * oped—Actor and Manager Both Harmed ..."
3. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1911)
"On the border line between the old and the new conception stand 4. devel- ^jje great composers Hans Leo Hassler of (1564-1612) and Johann Eccard (1553- 1); ..."
4. Dictionary of Philosophy and Psychology: Including Many of the Principal by James Mark Baldwin (1901)
"... Arch, de Biol., iv (1883) ; EB WILSON, The Cell in devel. and Inheritance (1896); M. FLEMMING, Beiträge zur Kenntniss der Zelle, Arch. f. mikr. Anat. ..."
5. Dictionary of Philosophy and Psychology: Including Many of the Principal by James Mark Baldwin (1901)
"... Arch, de Biol., iv (1883) ; E- B- WILSON, The Cell in devel. and Inheritance (1896); M. FLEMMING, Beiträge zur Kenntniss der Zelle, Arch, f. mikr. Anat. ..."
6. Quain's Elements of Anatomy by Jones Quain, Allen Thomson, George Dancer Thane (1882)
"Sitzungsber. 1808. [263.] IV. Müller. (On devel. of Thyroid ... (devel. of Pancreas) in Anatom, u. Physiol. Unters. 1872. [265. ..."
7. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1890)
"... (j) Kowalewsky, • devel. of ... /тр., St Petersburg, 7th «erica, vol. rvt., No. 12. 18M; (j) Id., "devel. at ..."