¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Divergently
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Divergently Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Divergently
Literary usage of Divergently
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of the Botany of the Northern United States by Asa Gray (1868)
"... the valves divergently 2-lobed. Seeds many in each cell, linear, with a tapering appendage at both ends. — A smooth perennial, with many ..."
2. Gene Expression in Algae and Fungi Including Yeast: Bibliography January by Janet Saunders, Robert D. Warmbrodt (2001)
"This vector eon- tains two divergently oriented reported genes, encoding Escherichia coli beta-glucuronidase (uidA) and E. coli beta-galactosidase (lacZ). ..."
3. The Journal of Geology by University of Chicago Department of Geology and Paleontology (1897)
"5, which may belong to a distinct species, the central lobe of the quadrant is deeply bifurcate, and the lateral lobes are more deeply and more divergently ..."
4. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"... strongly and divergently 3-lobed; palate usually very prominent and 2-lobed. Anthers not lol>e<± Capsule many-seeded. Seeds prismatic, reticulate. ..."
5. Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy by Royal Irish Academy (1877)
"... parallel in the middle, and divergently radiate towards the ends ; length '0027, breadth-0008. (Plate 32,'fig. 12.) Donkin, NH Brit. Diat, p. ..."
6. Refraction of the Human Eye and Methods of Estimating the Refraction by James Thorington (1916)
"TB indicate points at the edge of the disc from which rays pass out of the eye divergently in the direction T'B', T'B', T'B', and being received by the ..."