Definition of El misti
1. Noun. The world's 2nd largest active volcano; located in the Andes in southern Peru.
Lexicographical Neighbors of El Misti
Literary usage of El misti
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South America: Observations and Impressions by James Bryce Bryce (1912)
"The Harvard observers placed and for a time maintained two meteorological stations on el misti, one near the top, at a height of 19200 feet ..."
2. The Andes of Southern Peru: Geographical Reconnaissance Along the Seventy by Isaiah Bowman (1916)
"Compared with el misti, at Arequipa, its volume is three times as great, ... el misti, 19200 feet (5855 m.) has snow down as far as 16000 feet in the wet ..."
3. South American Travels by Henry Stephens (1911)
"CHAPTER IV AREQUIPA; el misti WHEN I left Lima, I decided to try one of the ships of the Peruvian Line as I had already ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1901)
"On the sum" mit of el misti the body temperature was ... The second expedition to el misti was made on November 9, 1897, and on this trip the writer ..."
5. Between the Andes and the Ocean: An Account of an Interesting Journey Down by William Eleroy Curtis (1900)
"By the side of el misti is a miniature of the grander peak, ... el misti was formerly a source of apprehension because it is an active volcano with ..."