Definition of Electrical condenser
1. Noun. An electrical device characterized by its capacity to store an electric charge.
Specialized synonyms: Bypass Capacitor, Bypass Condenser, Electrolytic, Electrolytic Capacitor, Electrolytic Condenser, Leiden Jar, Leyden Jar, Trimmer, Trimming Capacitor
Group relationships: Circuit, Electric Circuit, Electrical Circuit, Distributer, Distributor, Electrical Distributor
Generic synonyms: Electrical Device
Electrical Condenser Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Electrical Condenser Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Electrical Condenser
Literary usage of Electrical condenser
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Condensation of Vapor as Induced by Nuclei and Ions: Fourth Report by Carl Barus (1910)
"The electrical condenser fog chamber.—It is therefore necessary to make a fog chamber itself the electrical condenser, and this is easily done, ..."
2. The Science Record edited by Alfred Ely Beach (1874)
"The electrical condenser consists of tin-foil, separated by sheets of insulating material, ... Another recent application of the electrical condenser is ..."
3. Railway Engineer by Railway Division (1908)
"The electrical condenser has the property of absorbing a certain quantity of static electricity, by what is known as electrostatic induction, ..."
4. The how and why of Radio Apparatus: A Treatise on the Principles Underlying by Harry Winfield Secor (1920)
"THE electrical condenser may be likened to a hydraulic mechanism corresponding to that illustrated at Fig. 1, wherein we have two similar compartments, ..."
5. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society by Royal Meteorological Society (Great Britain) (1885)
"... common with all the philosophers of the dav) regarding the properties of the electrical condenser, or Leyden jar, and the action of electric sparks, ..."
6. Introductory Course of Natural Philosophy for the Use of Schools and Academies by Adolphe Ganot, William Guy Peck (1865)
"electrical condenser. 385. An electrical condenser is an apparatus employed for the accumulation of electricity. They are of various forms, ..."