Definition of Eschrichtius
1. Noun. Type and sole genus of the Eschrichtiidae.
Generic synonyms: Mammal Genus
Group relationships: Eschrichtiidae, Family Eschrichtiidae
Member holonyms: Devilfish, Eschrichtius Gibbosus, Eschrichtius Robustus, Gray Whale, Grey Whale
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eschrichtius Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eschrichtius
Literary usage of Eschrichtius
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of Seals and Whales in the British Museum by John Edward Gray (1871)
"eschrichtius robust us. BM eschrichtius robustus, Gray, le pp. 133 (fig. ... The eschrichtius robust.iis is admitted on the evidence of a ramus of the under ..."
2. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1869)
"Upper edge nowhere broad, and with a deep or shallow groove below it on inside ; less decurved, less convex externally ; small E. PUSILLUS. eschrichtius ..."
3. Reports Dealing with the Systematic Geology and Paleontology of Maryland by Maryland Geological Survey (1904)
"The specimen was originally referred (1868) to Mega- ptera because of a supposed difference between the cervicals and those of eschrichtius. ..."
4. Proceedings by Zoological Society of London (1865)
"eschrichtius is separated from both Megaptera and Pces- copia by the ... The canal of the spinal marrow in eschrichtius is broader, compared with the size ..."