Definition of Euthynnus
1. Noun. A genus of Scombridae.
Generic synonyms: Fish Genus
Group relationships: Family Scombridae, Scombridae
Member holonyms: Euthynnus Pelamis, Skipjack, Skipjack Tuna
Lexicographical Neighbors of Euthynnus
Literary usage of Euthynnus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1908)
"... or albacore, and euthynnus ilium/inn, or bonito. In these researches the King expresses his acknowledgments for help received from Mr. Boulenger, ..."
2. Nature and Science on the Pacific Coast: A Guide-book for Scientific by Pacific Coast Committee (1915)
"... The bonito (Sarda chilensis) and the oceanic bonito (euthynnus pelamis) are also big game fishes. Along the wharves, the chub-mackerel (Scomber ..."
3. A Text-book of Church History by Johann Karl Ludwig Gieseler (1857)
"... as well as by his edition of the "History, of the Manichees" by Petrus Siculus, and of the "Panoply" of euthynnus ..."
4. Final Report by New Jersey Geological Survey (1890)
"modified as in euthynnus; variegated blue and darker; belly silvery; an Old-World fish lately become abundant upon our coast, but of little value for food. ..."