2. Noun. (plural of even) ¹
3. Noun. odds of 1:1; even money ¹
4. Verb. (third-person singular of even) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Evens
1. even [v] - See also: even
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Evens Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Evens
Literary usage of Evens
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Records and Files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts by George Francis Dow (1917)
"Agnes evens, widow and administratrix of the estate of her late husband William ... Agnes evens' bill of cost, 8s. Abraham Redington,J being desired by ..."
2. Vital Records of Lynn, Massachusetts, to the End of the Year 1849 by Lynn (Mass, Lynn (Mass.), Lynn, Mass (1906)
"Mathew, and Polly evens, June 21, 1812.* Matthew, and Philadelphia , 14 : 4 m ... evens (see also Evans), Amos, of Marblehead, and Elizabeth Blaney, Jan. ..."
3. Argosy All-story Weekly edited by Frank Andrew Munsey (1900)
"Howard went over and whispered to evens. As a result of their conference, when he got back to the window he began whistling and kept it up constantly. ..."