Definition of Extension course
1. Noun. A course offered as part of an extension service.
Group relationships: Extension, Extension Service, University Extension
Extension Course Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Extension Course Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Extension Course
Literary usage of Extension course
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by United States (1918)
"EVENING SCHOOL extension course IN RETAIL SELLING. extension courses in retail selling in the evening schools for older sales people who can not take ..."
2. Addresses and Proceedings by National Education Association of the United States, National Teachers' Association (U.S.)., American Normal School Association, Central College Association (1914)
"However, my plan for conducting an extension course includes a circulating library based upon the course presented by the university or normal-college ..."
3. Handbook of University Extension by George Francis James (1893)
"Abundant proof has appeared that the typical extension course has power almost to revolutionize the thinking and the reading of the average community; ..."
4. Genealogy of the Onderdonk Family in America by Elmer Onderdonk, Andrew Joseph Onderdonk (1910)
"sity extension course ten lectures on electricity. In the summer of 1897 he was given a free trip to Europe by the Argus as a result of a popular voting ..."
5. Employee Training: A Study of Education and Training Departments in Various by John Van Liew Morris (1921)
"The first type is spoken of as an extension course as it is provided to improve men already thus employed ..."
6. Papers and Proceedings of the ... General Meeting of the American Library by American Library Association General Meeting (1892)
"The result of the first extension course in Wilkes-Barre fully justified the thought and energy devoted to the matter. The reference books placed upon ..."