Definition of Fancy woman
1. Noun. A woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money.
Specialized synonyms: Call Girl, Camp Follower, Comfort Woman, Ianfu, Demimondaine, Floozie, Floozy, Hooker, Hustler, Slattern, Street Girl, Streetwalker, White Slave
Generic synonyms: Adult Female, Woman
Derivative terms: Bawdy, Prostitute, Whore, Whore, Whoredom
2. Noun. An adulterous woman; a woman who has an ongoing extramarital sexual relationship with a man.
Generic synonyms: Lover, Adult Female, Woman
Specialized synonyms: Concubine, Courtesan, Doxy, Paramour
Specialized synonyms: Braun, Eva Braun, Delilah
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fancy Woman
Literary usage of Fancy woman
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs of James Hardy Vaux by James Hardy Vaux (1819)
"... as, A fancy clout, is a favourite handkerchief, Sfc. ; so a woman who is the particular favourite of any man, is termed his fancy woman, ..."
2. Grose's Classical Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue: Revised and Corrected ...by Francis Grose by Francis Grose (1823)
"... who is the particular favourite of any man, is termed his fancy woman, and vice versa. FANTASTICALLY DRESSED, with more rags than ribands. FANCY PIECES. ..."
3. Modern Women and what is Said of Them: Reprint of a Series of Articles in by Elizabeth Lynn] [Linton (1868)
"Woman's imaginativeness, woman's fancy, woman's indifference to fact exhausts itself in "sensational cases," and revels in starvation and death. ..."
4. Wool-gathering by Gail Hamilton (1867)
"... and as we are leaving the yard he says apologetically, " She ain'ta very fancy woman, but she's smart, and you must make the best of it. ..."