Definition of Fast food
1. Noun. Inexpensive food (hamburgers or chicken or milkshakes) prepared and served quickly.
Definition of Fast food
1. Adjective. used to describe an establishment serving this kind of food ¹
2. Noun. A type of meal that is often standardized, pre-prepared, and served quickly. ¹
3. Noun. A type of food that is quickly made, but of low nutritional value; junk food. ¹
4. Noun. Anything standardized, quickly available, and inexpensive, often, of low value. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Fast Food Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fast Food Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fast Food
Literary usage of Fast food
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Composition on Foods: Fast Foods (Raw, Processed, Prepared) by Lynn E. Dickey, John L. Weihrauch (1998)
"Most fast-food items are given in the ready- to-eat form as served by ... Many beverages, vegetables, and juices sold in fast-food establishments have the ..."
2. Emerging Electronic Methods for Making Retail Payments by Judith S. Ruud, Philip Webre (1996)
"Sales at Fast-Food Restaurants Billions of Dollars 100 80 60 40 20 Current ... In, inflation-adjusted sales of fast food were 16 percent higher than they ..."
3. The Satapatha-brâhmana: According to the Text of the Mâdhyandina School by Julius Eggeling (1897)
"Now, then, as to the taking of milk as fast- food : the initiated should take milk for his fast- food. Once upon a time the nectar of immortality departed ..."
4. Home Cooking in the Global Village: Caribbean Food from Buccaneers to by Richard R. Wilk (2006)
"We can produce and consume a lot of what we eat.1 A World of fast food Nations? Chief Agriculture Officer Eugene Waight It is easy to conjure up nightmare ..."
5. Adventure Guide to Trinidad & Tobago by Kathleen O'Donnell, S Harry Pefkaros (2000)
"AUTHOR TIP MSG is used in many of the Chinese restaurants fast food here. ... fast food has overtaken Trinidad and most of the restaurants Trinis ..."
6. Teaching the Best Practice Way: Methods That Matter, K-12 by Harvey Daniels, Marilyn Bizar (2005)
"If I want to eat fast food I'm going to buy it and enjoy it." Others nod, but after a pause, ... After all, fast food burgers are a staple of teenage life. ..."
7. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion & Disease Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"(Baseline: About 70 percent of fast food and family restaurant chains with 350 or ... Restaurants, including fast food restaurants, and institutional food ..."